Foodbank South Australia relies heavily on individuals, groups and corporations volunteering their time and skills to help us service the community in our food relief efforts.
Unfortunately the demand for our service is growing and therefore your support is critical to our success in getting food out to people most in need of help. In the 2015-16 financial year, 38,000 hours were donated by volunteers. We simply could not operate without volunteer support.
Our corporate volunteer experiences allow you to make a meaningful contribution, gain different skills and work with colleagues in a different team environment. This creates a valuable team building and bonding opportunity. Usually 4 hour sessions in our warehouse packing hampers, sorting product or bagging fruit and vegetables for teams of up to 12 people.
Here is a snapshot of what your corporate volunteering day would look like at our Warehouse:
- 8.30 am start at our warehouse in Edwardstown
- Information session on arrival – including tour Foodbank SA’s Warehouse, WH&S Induction, your team’s plan for the day then we set you to work!
- 4-5 hour shift in the warehouse. You might be packing hampers, sorting product or bagging fruit and vegetables.
- Your session includes a morning tea break where light snacks are provided together with water, cool drinks, tea & coffee.
- The session finishes approx. 12.30 pm
To check corporate volunteering availability and register your interest, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 8351 1136 ext 232.
Sponsor a Pop Up Event
At Pop Up events we seek sponsors willing to contribute to allow us to load our truck full of food and distribute free of charge to a certain community area. Working together with Welfare Partners in various areas of Adelaide Metro and Regional areas, we invite their clients to attend to collect much needed food to stock their pantry’s and provide food for their families.
Help out at an Event
Each year we seek a large number of volunteers to assist by rattling cans and collecting donations of money and food at relevant events such as:
- Port Adelaide Football Game – a couple times per season
- Westfield Food Drive
- Royal Adelaide Show
- Zombie Walk and other ad hoc events
For further information about Volunteering with your team at Foodbank email our Volunteering Coordinator.
Organise a Fundraiser or Food Drive
We appreciate other ways organisations can help such as running a Fundraiser, choosing Foodbank as a Charity of Choice at an event, Casual Day or running a Food Drive within your organisation or networks.
For a Fundraising Kit contact our Marketing and Fundraising Manager on 8351 1136 ext 235.
For a Food Drive Kit click here
Thanks to all organisations that participated in volunteering at Foodbank SA in the past financial year.