Foodbank South Australia is always welcoming new volunteers in a variety of roles to our teams. In Adelaide, our main site is our warehouse on Cross Road – Edwardstown, where we invite people along to volunteer information sessions. These sessions are held throughout the year where you’ll be invited to tour of our site, learn all about Foodbank South Australia’s programs and volunteer roles and meet the team.
There are many benefits of volunteering with Foodbank South Australia (if we might say so ourselves!):
- Having fun; you’ll be joining a fantastic, diverse team of like-minded people;
- Learning new skills – we provide on the job training, and where possible formal training for workplace related skills;
- Health & happiness; studies have shown that volunteering in your local community increases your health and lifts your mood;
- Opportunity to attend social and community events throughout the year;
- Increased employability for job-seekers; and finally and most importantly…
- You will be helping to provide food relief to those South Australians who really need it.
Good to know
Foodbank South Australia recognises volunteer’s rights and aims to adhere to the best practice & national standards for involving volunteers in our organisation.
Volunteers are required to undergo a National Police Check process (at no cost to the individual) to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our customers and team.
Volunteers work at our sites at Edwardstown, Bowden, Berri, Mouth Gambier and Whyalla with more sites in metro Adelaide (including “Pop Up Foodbanks”) to be announced in 2015-2016.
Free parking is available for our volunteers.
Foodbank Volunteers are asked to wear comfortable, neat clothing and must wear CLOSED shoes (no thongs, sandals or open toes shoes) as a safety requirement. Foodbank provides hi-visibility vests to be worn on site.
To find out more about our Volunteer Roles please click here.
To become a Foodbank South Australia Volunteer please click here.
For more information about volunteering at Foodbank SA please phone Judi Wakeling on 8351 1136. Corporate Volunteer enquiries are welcome.