What is the benefit of becoming a customer member of Foodbank SA
Customer membership of Foodbank SA provides the following benefits to South Australian community support agencies:
- All customer members have equal access to Foodbank SA regardless of size, philosophy or affiliation.
- Significant savings on food costs through Foodbank SA enable customer members to direct those resources to other areas of high need.
- Access to free fruit & vegetables & bread
- Agency food collection and storage costs are reduced.
- Agencies gain access to a wide range of nutritious food, sourced from one convenient location.
- Distribution to recipients becomes more efficient through regular supply.
- Ability to source pre-packed food hampers
- Access to our food hubs (contact our office for more information)
Who is eligible to become a customer member of Foodbank SA?
To become a customer member of Foodbank SA, community support agencies MUST:
- Be an accredited Not–For-Profit organisation.
- Be engaged in (or plan to commence) food relief activities to assist South Australians in need.
- Hold a current public & products liability insurance policy.
How do I apply for customer membership?
If you meet the above eligibility criteria, you will need to complete a Customer Membership Agreement form and forward this to our office with a copy of your insurance policy or certificate of currency. You will also need to forward $55.00, our annual customer membership fee. If your application is approved you will receive a welcome letter, ID cards and instructions on how to place your orders with Foodbank SA. You will also receive a User ID and password for online ordering.
Where are the Foodbank SA Distribution Centres and Food Hubs?
Foodbank currently has Distribution Centres at Edwardstown, Berri, Mt Gambier and Whyalla. You will find the address, phone number and email address for each site on the Foodbank SA Agreement Form.
Our Food Hubs are located in Bowden, Edwardstown and Elizabeth – for more information on these contact our office on 8351 1136.
What are the trading hours for each Distribution Centre?
Edwardstown – Mon, Tues, Wed 9am to 2pm, Thurs and Friday 9am to 12 Noon
Berri – Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am to 1pm
Mt Gambier – Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am to 12.30
Whyalla –Monday 10am-2pm, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8.30am to 3pm
What other information do we need to know about visiting our Distribution Centres?
- On your first visit, we will give you a tour of our warehouse and facilities, so that you are familiar with the process involved in accessing food from our distribution centre.
- Agencies accessing food from Foodbank must bring along their Foodbank issued ID card.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the warehouse.
- All people entering our warehouse must wear closed shoes.
- High visibility vests are provided by Foodbank and must be worn in the warehouse and during the packing of your vehicle.
- A maximum of 4 persons per agency are permitted in the warehouse during each visit.
- Customer members are not permitted to enter the freezer and/or staff only areas without a staff member.
- Food taken from the warehouse must only be used in accordance with the Customer Member Agreement, to assist people in need.
Foodbank SA has pre-packed hampers available in Small, Medium or Large sizes. These hampers include a wide range of staple foods and other grocery items – all are non-perishable products. Welfare agency members can order these hampers through our web ordering system.
As an additional service to all of our welfare agency customers, Foodbank has set up three food hubs in the metropolitan area. Our Food Hubs (which are set up to look like a very small shop) are located in Bowden, Edwardstown and Elizabeth. Welfare agencies can provide clients with vouchers that can be redeemed at the Foodbank sites. Our aim is to assist local welfare agencies to provide more food to people requiring emergency food relief. We understand that issues such as lack of storage space, time, volunteers or refrigeration can often limit the amount and type of food that you can offer your client. We hope that this distribution model will at least partly address some of these issues.
Food cannot be used for fundraising activities, nor can it be onsold, bartered or exchanged for cash, goods or services.
For further information on Foodbank SA, you can contact us, phone 08 8351 1136 or email us at ua.gr1503201542o.ask1503201542nabdo1503201542of@no1503201542itpec1503201542er1503201542