Hunger isn’t something you see. It’s something you feel.
Currently 117,260 South Australians are accessing food relief every month. One third of them are children. Despite Foodbank SA distributing more than 5 million meals in 2017/18, we still need an additional 30% more food just to meet the current levels of demand in SA.
SHARE WHAT YOU CAN – Wednesday, 5 December 2018
On Wednesday 5 December ABC Radio Adelaide are joining forces with Foodbank for their Christmas Food Drive ‘Share what you CAN’. We are calling on South Aussies to donate a CAN of food or other non-perishables at drop off locations across Adelaide on their way to work between 6:30am to 9am.
Food Drive Locations on 5 December 2018
- Adelaide Railway Station Broadcasting from the foyer between 6:30am-9am
- Victoria Park Fullarton Rd side – opposite the service station situated after the slip in, adjacent the Grand Stand)
- Castle Plaza Shopping Centre, 992 South Rd, Edwardstown (located in the car park)
- Tea Tree Plaza, North East Rd, Modbury opp Civic Park (adjacent the Woolworths Pick Up)
- Port Rd Croydon 449 Port Rd – Just before South Rd intersection (in the ‘Lollipops’ car park)
ABC Presenters will also be at the locations from 7am-8am. In addition, Ali Clarke will be conducting a live broadcast at the Adelaide Railway station from 6-9am.
Foodbank volunteers will be at all the locations from 6:30am-9am taking donations of CANS / biscuits /pasta etc all non perishable food items – they will have eftpos machines too and money tins for much needed donations.
You can help the ABC, Romeo’s and Foodbank to ensure that no one feels hungry this Christmas.
Simply share what you CAN by donating a CAN of food at participating locations across South Australia and Broken Hill.
Goal: Put an additional 50,000 meals on the table of those in need this Christmas.
What: A Christmas food drive and coin collection via various outlets across South Australia. Foodbank’s most wanted Christmas list of food items is located here.
Where: Drop off locations around South Australia, including:
- Foodbank locations: Edwardstown, Bowden, Elizabeth, Christies Beach, Mt Gambier, Berri, Whyalla and Port Pirie.
- Romeo’s Foodland supermarkets *(25 locations across SA) (from Wednesday 14 November)
- ABC locations across South Australia (including regional centres including Broken Hill).
The ‘Share What you Can’ food drive will officially run from 12 November until 14 December.
Proudly supported by: